By Parveen Kumar CBE BSc MD DM (HC) FRCP FRCP(Edin), Michael L Clark MD FRCP
• What explanations high blood pressure in kids?
• Is it universal for epileptic sufferers to have post-ictal vomiting? if that is so, how usually does this take place?
• Why is the prevalence of parkinsonism much less universal in people who smoke?
• what's the function of urine exam in diabetic keep an eye on?
Where do you switch to if you have a tricky scientific query that wishes answering?
The ‘Ask the writer’ on-line characteristic from the best-selling textbook Kumar & Clark’s Clinical Medicine has amassed a wealth of questions and reviews without delay from clinical scholars and medical professionals approximately issues which are of specific curiosity or hassle to them.
Kumar and Clark have introduced jointly over one thousand of the questions they've been requested in addition to their solutions. it's going to entice the numerous lovers of Kumar & Clark, from first-year scholars to training medical professionals, and may supply an invaluable and fascinating sounding board to assist be certain most sensible practice.
This detailed e-book offers you a brief and straightforward strategy to detect the solutions in your personal scientific questions…!
- The writing type is attractive and conversational, designed to entertain in addition to instruct.
- Carries the ‘Kumar & Clark’ stamp of authority.
- All questions totally listed for ease of reference.
- Covers issues which are simply misunderstood in drugs - reliable coaching for scientific scholars, senior condo officers/interns and experts in training/residents getting ready for written or oral exams.
Read or Download 1000 Questions and Answers from Kumar & Clark's Clinical Medicine PDF
Similar professional books
This optimistic and inspiring publication recognizes the anxieties and difficulties confronted via trainee lecturers in the united kingdom studying and talents region. It examines the questions of professionalism and values and ethics in the quarter, utilizing numerous various theoretical views to probe those key topics.
Content material: PREFACE ; 1. DISCOVERY-BASED LABS FOR natural CHEMISTRY: assessment AND EFFECTIVENESS ; NORMA DUNLAP AND LEAH J. MARTIN ; 2. A DECADE OF UNDERGRADUATE RESEARCH-INSPIRED natural LABORATORY ; RENEWAL ; ANDREW P. DICKS ; three. FLUOROPHORES, FLUORESCENT POLYMERS, and effort move IN AN ; UNDERGRADUATE LABORATORY environment ; MINDY LEVINE AND PATRICK MARKS ; four.
- Employment Law
- Case Files Internal Medicine
- Information Literacy in the Digital Age. An Evidence-Based Approach
- DeJong's The Neurologic Examination
- Blue-Ribbon Papers: Behind the Professional Mask: The Autobiographies of Leading Symbolic Interactionists
- Advancing Your Career: Concepts of Professional Nursing (DavisPlus) - 4th edition
Additional info for 1000 Questions and Answers from Kumar & Clark's Clinical Medicine
Answer 24 Two randomized, controlled trials (RCTs) in children have shown no benefit in children with dengue haemorrhagic fever. No effect was observed on bleeding episodes, other complications or mortality. Fluid replacement is vital. Further reading Wills BD et al. (2005) Comparison of three fluid solutions for resuscitation in Dengue shock syndrome. New England Journal of Medicine 353: 924. Answer 25 ● ● Dengue: platelet destruction due to virus/antibody immune complexes binding to the platelet surface.
27 5 Nutrition Question 10 What is the Atkin’s diet? Question 11 What is meant by bariatric surgical procedures? Question 12 In a patient with marked obesity, is bariatric surgery better than a balloon inserted into the stomach? Question 13 Does intravenous nutrition always have to be given via a central vein? Question 14 Why has there been an explosion of obesity in the young? Question 15 Are proteins mostly absorbed from the intestinal lumen into the blood as amino acids? Question 16 What are ‘congeners’ in alcohol?
1999). The risk is unaffected by drug therapy as far as we know, but proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) are usually given. Reference Lagergren J et al. (1999) Symptomatic gastroesophageal reflux as a risk factor for esophageal adenocarcinoma. New England Journal of Medicine 340: 825–831. Answer 54 Not necessarily better as, of course, Crohn’s disease often recurs after surgery. It is, however, a useful treatment particularly if localized pain in the right iliac fossa (due to partial obstruction) is a prominent symptom.
1000 Questions and Answers from Kumar & Clark's Clinical Medicine by Parveen Kumar CBE BSc MD DM (HC) FRCP FRCP(Edin), Michael L Clark MD FRCP